Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Winter bike training trip

After breaking my collar bone in October, I made some vague plans to go someplace warm once I heal. With the boken bone, I knew that I would miss most of the best riding time. I also new that I would be out of shape. Another factor was that I needed to use some leave time at work or I would loose it. So here I am in San Francisco, temps in the high 70s getting in a weeks worth of riding. I don't have any firm plans, but will be heading south on Wednesday.
I left Sunday evening and got out to the bay area around 3pm. I have driven and walked across the golden gate bridge, so this time I rode over on the bike, kind of cool, the open the west walkway to bikes only, but you still have to dodge a lot of tourists.

 Before riding across I got some climbing in on the hilly roads of the fort on the north side of the bridge.

Not a lot of miles, but hey I only had two hours of sleep.
I met up with Al Hom for dinner an then crashed.

Stay tuned.