Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winter Bike Training Trip Day 4

Thursday
Miles Driven = 170
Miles Ridden = 42
Time in Seat = 2:50

Today's drive brought me through LA and I am now on the northern edge of camp Pendleton. I timed my LA drive just right and had very little traffic. It's a lot easier and less stressfull to make that drive in a car versus a pickup pulling a fifthwheel. I am at the San Clementi state park which like last night's campground is pretty empty. I guess it is normally a lot colder than it has been this week.


Todays bike ride took me south through camp pendleton to Oceanside and back.


 I was able to get a lot more miles and still had a few hills to deal with. I wish I would have started on the south side, because I had a pretty good wind to deal with on the way back. Nothing like 21 miles of head wind. Riding across the base is neat. I saw camp edison the area that 22 years ago in boot camp I learned to shoot the M-16.

I was also buzzed by a Cobra attack helicopter.

Well it's probably a good thing I am winding up this trip tommorow, as the weather is starting to cool off and they expect rain by saturday.
I'll leave for Phoenix in the morning.